The lovely and talented woman who runs Fifty Shades of Snail came out with a routine to get rid of your sebaceous filaments! [Side Note: a lot of people mistakenly think their sebaceous filament are blackheads!] I didn't have a ton but was excited to try what she recommended! And I apologize for only referring to her as 'her' and 'she' but I looked for her name and didn't find it on her blog. Here is her blog post on how to shrink your pores temporarily, which goes into more details about the routine.
What You'll Need
- BHA chemical exfoliant with a pH between 3 & 4, I used Stridex Red Box
- A clay mask, I used Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask
- An oil cleanser, I used food grade mineral oil
- Apply the BHA all over your face and let it sit on there for 20-25 minutes
- Without washing your face, put your clay mask on on top of the BHA and leave it on according to the instructions
- Wipe the mask off with luke warm water
- Next apply your emulsifying oil all over your face. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes
- After the time is up, gently massage your face with the oil still on for no longer than 5 minutes
- Rinse off the oil and continue with your skincare routine
Photos Left to Right: Before & After
Ok, full disclosure, I was scared of getting broken capillaries which are expensive to fix so I didn't want to rub very hard or long, which I don't think you need to but just in case! Well, as I mentioned earlier, I didn't have a lot of sebaceous filament but I think my nose looks better in the After picture. Also, please be kind to my nose! I used a macro lens to take a picture so you could really see up close and personal! I didn't get any grit out or feel it, but that's not a bad thing, not everyone has hard grit. This was only my first time trying this method so I will try to do this at least once a week to see how it works. I didn't get miraculous results, but they were favorable. Will you be trying this out?