Lately I have been watching a lot of food channels on youtube and was so inspired by some of Maangchi's videos, I immediately went to Amazon and purchased a few goodies so I could do Korean BBQ at home!
Amazon Shopping List
- Electric Burner (you don't need this if you don't want to do this table side)
- Korean BBQ Cast Iron Grill
Grocery Shopping List
- Grilling Meats (I got pre-marinated Korean flank steak, then cut it very thinly)
- If you chose to marinate the meats yourself, you can find yummy recipes here or buy a marinade in a jar
- Korean sticky rice
- Lettuce Leafs (I used Boston lettuce)
- Kimchi (you should be able to find this in the refrigerated section, but if you have a Koreatown near you, check them out!
- Any other veggies you'd like to grill alongside, zucchini would be nice, onions, etc...)
- Soy Sauce
- Anything else you want to eat!
Make sure you season your cast iron grill before you use it. No I don't mean putting salt and pepper on it. I used oil and baked it in the oven at 200' for an hour. You can find lots of information on it here!
I have a rice cooker (I love it! I got it as wedding gift) so I just throw my rice in there and some water (after rinsing it of course, which is important because it washes off the excess starch), then I do the prep, which isn't a ton! I put the kimchi in a small bowl, same with the garlic, if I had different proteins I'd put them all in separate bowl.
Turn the burner on Low/Med, let it get nice and hot, and be careful about the cords! Set up all your bowls and plates around the table. Don't forget plates for yourself! Now that everything's set up, let's start grilling!
I hope you liked everything! If you make this, send me pictures and let me know how it turned out!